Download Ogg low quality
- Walton went to the Isle of Skye
- Stephen wants to know if there are any “steamy” photos
- Boston Bombing update…lockdown is not a good thing for any reason
- Why is Boston different than any other fear of snipers, bombers, or other acts to create fear?
- The police and government seamed to have seen how far they can ask people to give up their liberties
- The rant continues…
Labor & Tech
- We could not determine whether to make separate sections, so here we grouped them in tech and labor or labor and tech
- When was the first time labor activists heard “Unions were good at one time but haven’t they outlived their usefulness?”
- Stephen recalls his historical moment and sources it to the 1980s
- Walton hears its nearly every day in some form
- It certainly was said in the 80’s just not the 1980’s try 1886 which we find out in the Canadien Labour 1 minute labor video contest
- Which is an interesting use of encouraging labor folks to use video and audio technology to get the real word out about labor.
- This does raise the fact that we need to continue our struggle with proving those who say it to eat their own words.
- Walton discusses t the the US organizing model that labor notes recently covered.
- It turns into a good understanding of what we should be doing and that we should not be focusing on just one model, however community organizing seems to be a better bet than what the umbrella union organizations promoted over 20 years ago.
- Stephen adds a little as Walton summed it up quite well
- Stephen highlights the the way Into The Fire has brought a great visual to understand the impact of austerity in Greece…really as a typical thing that happens when economic crisis happens
- We highly recommend downloading and distributing Into The Fire
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Podcast (oggcast): Play in new window | Download
Cyberunions Podcast Episode 74 Are Unions even needed anymore? http://t.co/ExcWybY02a #cyberunions
RT @cyberunions: Cyberunions Podcast Episode 74 Are Unions even needed anymore? http://t.co/ExcWybY02a #cyberunions