Walton is half cut and I am playing catchup
Download OGG High Quality
Download OGG Low Quality
0:30 We celebrate our 25th episode with a wee swally
- Walton is on Aberlour a’bunadh
- Stephen is drinking Harpoon Chocolate Stout
- What is there possibly to talk about for 25 shows?
- We think our show is a great practical example of what is possible – two amateurs who have never met using technology to collaborate on a project
- We expected a lot of listeners from mainstream union, but listeners are more diverse than expected
- We have tech and politics listeners, as well as programmers
- We’ve had good interactions with radical unions like the IWW and IWA
14:00 You liked books so we’ll make them a regular feature
- Here are some good book stores
- Food for Thought books
- Word Power in Edinburgh and People’s Bookshop in Durham
- Can you recommend any others?
16:42 The Occupy Update
- Occupy London Stock Exchange is causing a big theological upheaval in the Church of England
- Is St Paul’s the Vatican of Capital, or do we still throw money lenders out of the temple
- Occupy has opened up discourse. It’s more than a protest – it’s a conversation too
- Mexico Solidarity Network visited Occupy Boston – there’s an Occupy Tijuana too
- Who would have thought there’d be a successful general strike in the US?
25:40 We get a bit slurry
- Stephen is drinking Smuttynose Pumkin Ale. Eish!
- Walton likes Brewdog Paradox Smokehead
- Can you recommend us some good union breweries?
- Pabst Blue Ribbon is union made
- You can’t drink a podcast
- Shout out to @linsnoir for the whisky
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
You also have IWA listeners http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers’_Association 😉 Shoutout to our IWW comrades!