:38 Our Updates
In a dark a stormy Glasgow …. Stephen kills the tension…Hurricane Sandy is a “Perfect Storm” “The Day After Tomorrow” We recap the impact of the storm and our thoughts are with those effected by the storm.
We discuss what the media is not talking about and the impact of the climate change with the extreme weather around the world.
Get your vacation in before the end of the World…just 7 weeks to go….Bolivia decides that Dec. 21 is not the end of the world but the end of Capitalism
We both have new visas! Any nice listener wanting to help Stephen go to Italy
Mayfirst People Link had some servers go down, in the midst of no mass transit or able to drive in NYC Jamie the director of Mayfirst/People Link biked to the servers to get the ones that went down back up and running. Really liking the Mayfirst community dedicated to the work in the midst of a storm.
Mayfirst has taken language on seriously, having an international team for translating documentation on the site to providing interpretation for events. The idea is that similar to technology the developers don’t want to be seen but that there is a need to appreciate the work put in, same for those providing translation and interpretation.
One comment on “Cyberunions Podcast Episode 61 The Scarey Storm of the Century”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
TagsArab Spring Bangladesh bicycle Big Blue Button CiviCRM co-ops coop Creative Commons debian Diaspora Drupal EFF Elections Facebook For the Win FOSS Friendica Google+ Greece Icecast Immigration labornotes Labor Notes littlesis mayfirst Mexico Mondragon Netbooks Occupy palestine Privacy Reddit social media Social Movement Unionism South Africa strike survey swarm organising Tech workers textile workers Tor Ubuntu webrtc wordpress World Social Forum
- The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 75 This is no way to celebrate workers memorial day
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 74 Are Unions even needed anymore?
- Into the Fire – The Hidden Victims of Austerity in Greece
- marxistvegan on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- dblackadder on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- cyberunions on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- julienguigner on Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no
- paulageraghty on Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no