0:28 The bots broke who is where and what?
- Walton runs a 10k (stephen forgot to say he knows how far that is now) after a week off of drinking
- Walton went to Italy to find the summer Britain did not have, it is a Fine country
- Stephen had craziness with no vacation…dealt with a horrible living situation
- Stephen’s past roommate is fucking crazy, Stephen had deal with a 38 year old that acted more like a 17 year old
- Stephen is in a new apartment with activist sane people
- Class war kitty…named pussy riot til he became a male so it is just riot
- Stephen tries figure out 4500 pesos in british pound……… 215 pounds
- Stephen now has a view of Ajusco
6:22 How are the movements?
- Stephen is working more on the World Social Forum on Palestine more than mxtomalacalle
- Learning the hard way in updating a Drupal module he forgot to read the notes
- Stephen’s style of learning break it first
- Stephen highly appreciates Sysadmins
- Stephen tries to get Walton to send “income” his way
- In addition to Drupal this week before going to San Francisco he will install CiviCRM
- In addition to learning CSS, Stephen has grown to love EMACS
10:45 Diaspora is now in the community
- about damn time!
- Walton feels they gave up and don’t know what to do
- Stephen thinks its too little too late and that they moved on to other projects instead of seeing it through
- Expands the critique of those in the social movements commit it to the end don’t jump ship to the next popular thing in the news
- Frustrated with the potential of diapora and the shit it became cause the reigns were never let go
20:56 Eurozone is hitting Southern Europe very hard
- The town of Marinaleda in Spain is an Anarcho-Communist Commune that has reached the NYTimes
- They are trying to be the utopia….if you want a house you pay 15 euros a month and the community helps you build the house in the community.
- Job for life and you are connected to the community
- The community is not isolated they support labor efforts elsewhere too
- They have raided supermarkets to share the food with those in need in food banks
- The social contract after WWII is breaking and communities are organizing more militantly to make sure it stays
- Defending farm land is not an easy task, historically where it was successful is the Zapatista movement
26:00 Bad news from South Africa – the Marikana massacre
- History of poor conditions in the platinum belt
- Added problem of labour brokers and agency work
- The National Union of Mineworkers seems to have lost their way
- Conflict between NUM and an new union, AMCU
- NUM accuses AMCU of being a yellow union – however this is unlikely as yellow unions seldom wildcat
- Disappointing to see IndustriALL supporting the NUM line – dishonest and a failure of solidarity
- Some evidence that Marikana was a planned massacre
- More coverage here
Thanks for listening!