0:27 We are back and going corporate….no ha almost
- It’s been a month…things are crazy, as usual, but we are bringing things back up to speed
- Stephen has morbid ideas about keeping us on schedule of recording every 2 weeks
- debate between cloning or taking speed to keep up on the work
- pallet to desktop to sound studio living live frugally
- with the studio we will be what the listeners think we are…professional….now working on our 13th draft for this show <wink>
- Stephen’s workflow plan
- January and Walton do not get along…trouble turning on…as the highway of the new year is just starting
- Bringing up enthusiasm….Stephen likes snow and misses it…walton is being promised snow next week.
- Walton will make a snow man to match Stephen’s Mohawk
- Winter break brought tagging the walls of Stephen’s apartment
- Stephen’s birthday is coming up
11:00 Who is Little Sis? a place for labor and free software to come together!
- During the trip to Brazil with the BDSmovement an idea came up about trying to create a way to map the connections of corporations, government and individual connections to development in Israel.
- Original idea was to alter CiviCRM, but a comrade recommended Littlesis and Poderopedia
- Littlesis is an free software web database application that allows the users to “add relationships” and “interlocking” connections between people and companies and schools and politicians.
- Littlesis is like the reverse of LinkedIn and there are supposedly plans to federate this software
- Stephen reminisces about his Corporate Research course during his masters in Labor studies.
- There are some tools out there but very expensive to gain access to, like Mergent Online
- Littlesis allows you to crowd source the research, like imagine every union having a local install that is then federated to the world, we could source all the research and map all the power and connections.
- This is our way to fight back in the information age…with the information we don’t have
- Is great for strategic campaigns whether it is union organizing or BDS or whatever campaign
- Bosses have things like this already like the blacklist of union activists in the UK, it was uncovered this past year.
- Call for developers to contribute to the github!!!
- We will be doing an install in the week and hopefully have it up soon…we will post here when it is up and ready.
- Recommend to do tech supply chain
- Stephen gets enthusiastic and gets Walton excited again…the corporate research course inspired Stephen to see what we could do, but now this software creates a way for the information to be federated and sourced by everyone
TagsArab Spring Bangladesh bicycle Big Blue Button CiviCRM co-ops coop Creative Commons debian Diaspora Drupal EFF Elections elgg Facebook FOSS Friendica Google+ Greece Icecast Immigration Labor Notes labornotes littlesis lorea mayfirst Mexico microsoft Occupy palestine Privacy Reddit Skype social media StatusNet strike survey swarm organising Tails Tech workers textile workers Tor webrtc wordpress World Social Forum