Margaret Thatcher is dead
- The wicked witch of the west is dead and spring can return to the world
- George Square everyone will run down and party when Margaret Thatcher dies…people not certain when to party
- Should the funeral be privately or funded by the government she opposed?
- Billy Bragg comments on the death don’t celebrate … organise!
- Walton experiences a 3rd world problem in the 1st world
- Stephen experiences the 3rd world with internet but no gas to heat the water
- Landlords suck again! Stephen and his roommates will be looking for a new place soon.
- What does rent pay for again?
- Stephen takes a hot bucket shower now
- Another DIY this is with office furniture from wooden fruit crates
- Good unions stories from Mexico
- Workers Occupy and take the factory to the ultimate place we want
- To go on strike is to occupy the factory with the flags of Black and Red.
- Continental Tires, Stephen mistakenly says Cooper Tires
- The strike was for three years, and the local labor board supported it…which means the company is responsibly for the back from when the strike started.
- The Company basically gave them the factory with the hopes that they would fail
- The workers own half of the factory the other side is sales something that the workers do not have experience but want to eventually own it all.
- They did not fail, but how does the coop run?
- This is no small coop it is 1050 members, twice a year the meetings occur
- Still need to work with in the market system that they are struggling with but working on it
- These are the stories we should be hearing from labor unions
- The Big Blue Button install is done on Mayfirst
- Runs well but the struggle is for flash to work
- Walton has had good experience with it and describes a scenario
- BigBlueButton has plans to get rid of flash and go html5 and webrtc
- Install of BBB is up in hours after a number of issues, but not impossible, but built on ubuntu which mades debian servers a little tricky to get up to speed
- Stephen documented the process for mayfirst members to setup bbb
- WebRTC is now in the Mayfirst realm as well and is a longer term project to create more than what we have with BigBlueButton
- Walton is the lone wolf who has issues getting connected….Stephen blames Scotland
- We started with the SimpleWebRTC Github
- Stephen tries to describe how Webrtc works
- Stephen and Ross moved the server dependencies of SimpleWebRTC to all on mayfirst and used resiprocate for the stun server
- html5 toys Websocket Chat Video Grabber and White Board
- Enrique from Mexico City sent Walton and Stephen a big thank for producing the show, he is a member of mayfirst and active listener.
- Send all complaints to BT so Walton can get internet in his new home