Margaret Thatcher is dead
- The wicked witch of the west is dead and spring can return to the world
- George Square everyone will run down and party when Margaret Thatcher dies…people not certain when to party
- Should the funeral be privately or funded by the government she opposed?
- Billy Bragg comments on the death don’t celebrate … organise!
- Walton experiences a 3rd world problem in the 1st world
- Stephen experiences the 3rd world with internet but no gas to heat the water
- Landlords suck again! Stephen and his roommates will be looking for a new place soon.
- What does rent pay for again?
- Stephen takes a hot bucket shower now
- Another DIY this is with office furniture from wooden fruit crates
- Good unions stories from Mexico
- Workers Occupy and take the factory to the ultimate place we want
- To go on strike is to occupy the factory with the flags of Black and Red.
- Continental Tires, Stephen mistakenly says Cooper Tires
- The strike was for three years, and the local labor board supported it…which means the company is responsibly for the back from when the strike started.
- The Company basically gave them the factory with the hopes that they would fail
- The workers own half of the factory the other side is sales something that the workers do not have experience but want to eventually own it all.
- They did not fail, but how does the coop run?
- This is no small coop it is 1050 members, twice a year the meetings occur
- Still need to work with in the market system that they are struggling with but working on it
- These are the stories we should be hearing from labor unions
- The Big Blue Button install is done on Mayfirst
- Runs well but the struggle is for flash to work
- Walton has had good experience with it and describes a scenario
- BigBlueButton has plans to get rid of flash and go html5 and webrtc
- Install of BBB is up in hours after a number of issues, but not impossible, but built on ubuntu which mades debian servers a little tricky to get up to speed
- Stephen documented the process for mayfirst members to setup bbb
- WebRTC is now in the Mayfirst realm as well and is a longer term project to create more than what we have with BigBlueButton
- Walton is the lone wolf who has issues getting connected….Stephen blames Scotland
- We started with the SimpleWebRTC Github
- Stephen tries to describe how Webrtc works
- Stephen and Ross moved the server dependencies of SimpleWebRTC to all on mayfirst and used resiprocate for the stun server
- html5 toys Websocket Chat Video Grabber and White Board
- Enrique from Mexico City sent Walton and Stephen a big thank for producing the show, he is a member of mayfirst and active listener.
- Send all complaints to BT so Walton can get internet in his new home
TagsArab Spring Bangladesh bicycle Big Blue Button CiviCRM co-ops coop Creative Commons debian Diaspora Drupal EFF Elections Facebook For the Win FOSS Friendica Google+ Greece Icecast Immigration Labor Notes labornotes littlesis mayfirst Mexico microsoft Mondragon Occupy palestine Privacy Reddit Skype social media StatusNet strike survey swarm organising Tails Tech workers textile workers Tor webrtc wordpress World Social Forum
- The Future of Cyberunions…ok maybe not the future…
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 81 Take Two… We are back!
- We will call it a summer storm…brainstorm
- Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 80 It is June and we have been Snowd’en
- The Cyberunions Podcast Episode 79: From prisms to uprises: A How to a guide to never trusting government and corporations