- Stephen is recovering from St Patricks Day has the hangover today
- Walton went on a subcrawl but had the hangover yesterday
- Walton and Stephen plan when they will drink on the show
- A belated shout out to This is Not A Podcast where Stephen get a shout out from them where he tried to do a British accent but it came out Irish.
- Marxcycle will be posting about his new tires this week
- Stephen is mad at global warming cause Glasgow is getting snow and 8000 feet up in Mexico City there is no snow
- Student guestworkers revolting and organizing
- Stephen tries to explain how guestworker visas work and the point of them and the limitations of them
- The guestworkers are being threatened to be deported if they don’t work the shifts they are asked to work
- Walton brings up that super models are starting to organize the Models Alliance in the US
- It is very similar to the Actors union, equity effort in the UK to organize models.
- Trying to connect the production of clothing to the presentation of that clothing on the catwalk.
- Walton shares the story of the biggest design show in the world coming from South Africa
- It is a great story cause you can buy designer clothes in South Africa and it is union made
- VentureCommunism is moving along and now has a weekly conference call for those that are interested.
- LibreOffice 4.0 The release we have been waiting for is out and H-online highlights its new features
- Now with collaborative support, and compatibility with Microsoft Office, this includes comments and formatting is better supported
- Google is killing the Reader! Stephen recommends the Firefox built in RSS reader and Thunderbird, Walton continues searching for other ways to read
- FSF releases a statement on Google controlling the XMPP or Google Talk’s openness
- Friendica releases a preview on their new Red software
- New and old listeners coming from the VentureCommunism IRC
- MJray gives a link to a logo for coop made
One comment on “Cyberunions Podcast Episode 70 Why weren’t we drunk for the show but had hangovers instead”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
TagsArab Spring Bangladesh bicycle Big Blue Button CiviCRM co-ops coop Creative Commons debian Diaspora Drupal EFF Elections Facebook For the Win FOSS Friendica Google+ Greece Icecast Immigration labornotes Labor Notes littlesis mayfirst Mexico Mondragon Netbooks Occupy palestine Privacy Reddit social media Social Movement Unionism South Africa strike survey swarm organising Tech workers textile workers Tor Ubuntu webrtc wordpress World Social Forum
- The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 75 This is no way to celebrate workers memorial day
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 74 Are Unions even needed anymore?
- Into the Fire – The Hidden Victims of Austerity in Greece
- marxistvegan on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- dblackadder on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- cyberunions on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- julienguigner on Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no
- paulageraghty on Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no