:30 Before the report back
- The labor revolt continues in South Africa
- The fascist police take drastic measures reminiscent of the HIV scare in the 1980s
10:00 Palestine what was learned
- The discourse in the US is horrible, Stephen shares what he learned, having been a supporter of Palestine but never having the story to back it up.
- Detailed discussions of what is happening on the ground in Palestine.
- Great information and virtual tour from Al Haq for those that are unable to to visit Palestine.
- What happens in Palestine does not stay in Palestine, it impacts us all, from companies profiting to security tactics against social movements.
32:50 The Labor Panel on Palestine from the Forum
- Labor for Palestine and CUPE Ontario
- Scotland Palestine Solidarity Committee
- National Lawyers Guild and Labor For Palestine in NY
- Each person above share stories of success and challenges with the BDS campaigns within labor unions in Canada, US and Scotland
Stephen will be writing a series of posts about World Social Forum Free Palestine
One comment on “Cyberunions Podcast Episode 63 The Forum on Palestine it was
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
TagsArab Spring Bangladesh bicycle Big Blue Button CiviCRM co-ops coop Creative Commons debian Diaspora Drupal EFF Elections Facebook For the Win FOSS Friendica Google+ Greece Icecast Immigration labornotes Labor Notes littlesis mayfirst Mexico Mondragon Netbooks Occupy palestine Privacy Reddit social media Social Movement Unionism South Africa strike survey swarm organising Tech workers textile workers Tor Ubuntu webrtc wordpress World Social Forum
- The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 78 – Securely Keeping Your Privacy Exposed (aka SKYPE)
- The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 75 This is no way to celebrate workers memorial day
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 74 Are Unions even needed anymore?
- cyberunions on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 78 – Securely Keeping Your Privacy Exposed (aka SKYPE)
- mv on Realizing How Zsocial lacks the Participatory model
- Bjørn on Realizing How Zsocial lacks the Participatory model
- marxistvegan on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- dblackadder on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech