We see the light: disappointed at spending another birthday on a train, Walton complains that Cyberunions hasn’t made any money. How can we monetise this project?
Making this gig pay
- Sell web services to Occupy?
- Create an affiliate marketing programme selling Microsoft packages to unions?
- Punting proprietary databases programmes that keep unions locked in to expensive contracts
Disciplining workers and extracting the maximum surplus value
- We are tired of working. Maybe we can outsource the production of the podcast
- Employing people is so 21st Century – we can use unpaid interns
- Better yet, who needs people – maybe we can get a bot to do it all
What organisational framework will fit our production schedule best?
- Question is, do we favour libertarian or authoritarian capitalism?
- Walton’s Stalinist tendencies means he fetishises the firm hand of State power to keep production on schedule
- Stephen prefers a more subtle, ideological method, convincing our workers they are free
- Maybe a compromise is in order – absolute State brutality beneath a thin veneer of freedom
There’s more money to be made in the financial markets than in producing
- In fact, making things is so last century! We need to financialise
- Maybe we can develop a market for credit default swaps on whether the show is released on time]
- Stranger things have happened – and it would be perfect insider training
- Join us and get wealthy!
- Think and grow rich!
- We have the secret!
TagsArab Spring Bangladesh bicycle Big Blue Button CiviCRM co-ops coop Creative Commons debian Diaspora Drupal EFF Elections Facebook For the Win FOSS Friendica Google+ Greece Icecast Immigration labornotes Labor Notes littlesis mayfirst Mexico Mondragon Netbooks Occupy palestine Privacy Reddit social media Social Movement Unionism South Africa strike survey swarm organising Tech workers textile workers Tor Ubuntu webrtc wordpress World Social Forum
- The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 75 This is no way to celebrate workers memorial day
- Cyberunions Podcast Episode 74 Are Unions even needed anymore?
- Into the Fire – The Hidden Victims of Austerity in Greece
- marxistvegan on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- dblackadder on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- cyberunions on The Cyberunions Podcast: Episode 77 – We’re mixing up some new tech
- julienguigner on Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no
- paulageraghty on Cyberunions Podcast Episode 76 We are live…well if you downloaded this then no